The Linn-Mar Foundation is excited to announce we have moved from grant cycles to grant programs. What does this mean for you?
As a Linn-Mar educator, you are able to submit grant applications any time, day or night, and these applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Fund Distribution Committee upon submission. NO MORE submission deadlines!
There are several grant programs available, however, we ask that a grant request is only submitted to one program.
- Be A Champion For Kids These funds are directed towards disadvantaged students to help pay for academic, athletic or extracurricular activity fees.
- Enhance Educational Excellence Grant This grant applies to programs or projects typically in the $1,500 – $5,000 range affecting multiple students. This program would be most similar to the historic grant program of the Foundation.
- Enhance LM Educators Award We are excited to be able to offer this new program to reimburse our educators! We know that our educators use their own money to purchase items for their classrooms EVERY year. This grant will award up to $250 per year to an educator for qualified items purchased for their classroom that have a direct impact on their students. This is a first come, first serve award and the program is allocated $25,000 for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Music Connects This is our program that assists students who would like to participate in band and orchestra but perhaps cannot support the additional costs that occurs with these fine art programs.
- Fine Arts Excellence (will be opened soon) This program brings arts to all of our elementary buildings by way of Orchestra Iowa every year and Opera Iowa every other year.
- Linn-Mar Excellence Grant (will be opened soon) This grant applies to a request that will be submitted to one of our outside grant agencies. Although these requests can take time and are not promised, by working directly with Shelley Schroeder, our Executive Director, your grant submission will be handled with expertise and the best match made between our outside grant agencies and the purpose of your grant. Depending on timelines and items needed to fulfill requests, please note that this type of grant is not an automatic submission. The Foundation will make every effort to make your request a successful experience.