The Linn-Mar School Foundation is seeking a part-time accounting and administrative professional to join our non-profit organization. The Foundation, established in 1985, is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization which raises private funds for public education to benefit the Linn-Mar Community School District. This position provides accounting and administrative support to the Executive Director and Foundation Board of Directors.
It is a great opportunity for someone who is interested supporting our non-profit mission of helping enhance educational excellence in the Linn-Mar Community School District.
Ideal candidates for our part-time position shall have proven accounting and administrative experience, 3+ years’ experience with financial statement preparation and month-end accounting responsibilities. Candidates who possess Advanced Excel, Intermediate Word and Quickbooks experience are preferred. Non-profit experience a plus but not required.
This position typically averages 20 hours per week. Month of spring fundraiser requires additional hours. Exact office hours to be determined under mutual agreement with Director. Summer flexibility is available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage financial & administrative operations of the organization including bank deposits, reconciling investment, bank and money market accounts, prepare checks with supporting documents, Quickbooks
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements, budgets and various cash projections
- Manage and administer donor database (Salesforce NPSP) including entry of all contribution detail, creating new donor records, create contribution reports and campaigns
- Matching gifts administration
- Prepare event, fundraising and grant reports for Executive Director
- Manage fundraising event registrations, prepare attendee materials (nametags, seating arrangements, check in information) and manage attendee check out and financial transactions at events
- Prepare and file annual 990 tax return, sales and use tax returns, payroll filings and reports
- Prepare various mailings and publications for events and fundraisers
- Prepare all donor tax acknowledgement letters utilizing Salesforce & Apsona
- Attend Finance committee meetings every 60 days
- Should possess 2+ years of accounting experience with financial statement preparation, month-end reconciliation and experience in the use of QuickBooks software
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Skills (emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Intermediate Word, Publisher or other design software a plus but not required
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidential information within the office environment and community.
Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
This part-time position will be compensated on an hourly basis as a non-exempt employee of the Linn-Mar School Foundation. We operate independent of the Linn-Mar Community School District. No medical or IPERS benefits are available with this position.
Qualified and dynamic candidates should send resume and cover letter to Shelley Woods, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE LINN-MAR SCHOOL FOUNDATION
The Linn-Mar School Foundation was established in 1985 as a 501(c)3. Our mission is to enhance educational excellence in the Linn-Mar Community School District by raising private funds for public education.
Resumes accepted through August 20th, 2018.
Please email resume and cover letter to Shelley Woods, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Linn-Mar School Foundation
Shelley Woods, Executive Director
2999 N. 10th Street
Marion, Iowa 52302